[Answer ID: 12180]
How do I connect a PC to the Internet with a router? (Using User-friendly Firmware )
Created 04/07/2011 02:47 | Updated 02/07/2012 07:32
How to connect a PC to the Internet with a router. (Using User-friendly Firmware)
- Insert a product CD to your PC. It launches automatically.
*If these screens are displayed by Windows, click [Run ASSetWiz.exe] in the first window.
Click [Yes] or [Continue] in the next window.
- Click [Start].
- Read the license agreement, then click [Agree].
- Check that all parts in the page are included, and click [Next].
- Connect devices as instructed. After you have connected all devices, click [Next].
*If you are not sure how to connect, click [connection details] to see more detail instruction.
*Wait until the DIAG light turns off before proceeding to the next step.
Select the SSID that listed on the side of a router, and then click [Next].
Skip to the step 8.
- Connect your router and PC with the supplied Ethernet cable as instructed.
- Confirm that all LEDs are in the same status as indicated in the page.
Wait until DIAG light turns off. Then click [Next].
- Create a password and enter it in the field, and click [Next].
*You can leave this blank, but it is highly recommended to create a password.
- To enable the security settings, check the box of [Enable present Wireless Security].
To disable security, leave the box unchecked.
And click [Next].
- Optional: Place a check mark in the box of [Save details of changes made to a text file] if you need, and click [Next].
- Click [Next].
*To install Network-USB Navigator, check the box before you click [Next].
- Click [Finish].
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.